As an introduction of myself, let me begin by stating that I am neither a member of the clergy or a computer guru. In fact I’m pretty much computer illiterate. But I am a born again Christian who sees first hand the struggles between living in a materialistic society and living for God.
I am not the “perfect” Christian. I am a sinner. But I love the Lord and I have accepted Jesus as my savior. And I believe that I can help folks learn and understand the things that I have learned.
There are two verses that have really inspired me to create this Blog other than Deuteronomy 8:18 (which is in the header of this page).
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:23-24
"People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:9-10
Because of the materialistic nature of our society, it can be so overwhelmingly tempting to worship money over God. So many of us place materialistic items above our own salvation. I am susceptible to this temptation the same as any person. So perhaps this blog is also a form of a “self-help” tool to help me remember what is important and to keep my priorities straight.
My goal here is to help people realize and maintain a relationship with God. Because money and wealth and material items can preoccupy our lives so much, and push God out, I shall try to highlight what the Bible has told us about these areas. Money can not only effect our spiritual lives, but our marriages, our children, our health as well as other areas of our lives. It is important to understand what God has told us about money and wealth.
Now as I have stated before, I am not a preacher, pastor, or reverend. My views and understandings are that of the common layman who just wants to witness and help in this small manner. If at any time I state something that you may object to or disagree with, please leave a comment and I will certainly research the matter and consult with those who have been ordained and are officially learned in the Scriptures, and will make any corrections or clarifications needed.
Dec 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment